The Uptrack Pants are a smart counterpart to pure alpine routes, technical ice and ski summits. The innovative soft shell was developed by MEC fabric specialists, and the result is a wind-resistant, water-resistant fabric that's uniquely breathable, soft and supple. The face is durable nylon with a high-quality DWR finish. Sandwiched between the bonded layers is an ultra-thin foam layer that effectively stops wind and water from penetrating, without the stiffness of traditional laminates.
- Made of nylon and spandex soft shell bonded with a polyurethane foam that's wind-blocking and water-resistant.
- Brushed polyester interior wicks moisture and slides freely over base layers.
- Zip fly has a snap closure
- Belt loops and Velcro® tab adjustable the waist.
- Waist is lined with soft microfleece.
- 2 zippered hand pockets.
- Cargo pocket on right thigh has a Velcro flap and zipper, sized for a beacon, field notebook or snow assessment tools.
- Articulated knees allow a full range of motion.
- Zippered gussets at ankles fit over alpine climbing boots when closed, or ski boots when zipped open.
- Adjustable ankle hem draw cords
- Grommets at ankles for attaching your own stirrup cord.
- Recco® Rescue System reflector is detectable by ski patrol and rescue teams. Useful for resort skiing, it is not a substitute for skills training, beacons, or smart decision-making in the backcountry.
- Machine wash cold. Do not bleach. Tumble dry low. Iron low when needed. Do not dry clean.
Garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
All MEC men’s and boy’s pants are regular rise.
|Face fabric||Nylon + spandex|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
The finished inseam measurement of the garment.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.