Bomber-built jacket for regular cycle commuters and ambitious randonneurs. It has a tailored cut that fits over layers but doesn't billow in the wind when you're riding. Burly enough for regular use, it has excellent venting options, lots of reflectivity and zippered pockets to keep it super-functional and practical even when you're off the bike.
- Made of 3-layer nylon Pertex Shield+ waterproof-breathable fabric with a PU non-porous hydrophilic laminate.
- Fully taped seams and Durable water repellent treatment boosts the waterproofness of the fabric.
- 2-way front zipper is backed with a wind flap and has a soft chin guard.
- Soft fleece inner collar adds comfort and functions as gasket to prevent cold air and wetness from funneling in.
- 2-way underarm zips open all the way to the bottom hem for maximum venting.
- Back vent at mid-back has a hook-and-loop closure and mesh lining.
- Water-resistant zippered chest pocket.
- Large zippered mesh pocket below back vent.
- Hook-and-loop closures on cuffs.
- Cut is slightly longer in back for coverage in the riding position.
- Drawcord in back to keep the shape aerodynamic.
- 360° reflectivity with tape and piping to keep you visible from all angles.
- Back length is 30in. for medium size.
Garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
All MEC men’s and boy’s pants are regular rise.
|Technology||Pertex Shield +|
|Face fabric||70-denier nylon|
Fabric waterproof rating
The standard test for waterproof fabrics uses a standing column filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A rating of 3,500mm or higher can be considered waterproof. The higher the rating, the more durable the waterproof fabric will be over time.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
Fabric active breathability
The rate at which a waterproof breathable fabric expels moisture when the inner surface is moist from perspiration. Values under 8,000g/m2/24h provide low performance, 20,000g/m2/24h provide moderate performance and values over 30,000g/m2/24h provide high performance.
|Venting||Underarm zips + back vent|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Product Sustainability||Bluesign® Approved Material|