MEC Drencher Jacket - Men's
Every day is a good day to be out riding your bike. This simple, effective jacket ensures your commuting time and cycle touring hours are pleasant, dry affairs. When you’re pedalling hard, dampness can build up inside your cycling outerwear, so The Drencher Jacket is designed with easy-access zippers under the arms. Once you start generating heat, reach up with one hand to vent as much as needed. Reflective accents encircle the arms, and show up on the shoulders and chest to give you 360-degree, "I'm here" visibility.
- Nylon outer fabric has a waterproof-breathable Pertex Shield+ polyurethane, non-porous hydrophilic laminate.
- DWR treatment increases breathability and comfort.
- Fully taped for all-over waterproofness.
- Fleece chin guard adds softness and comfort.
- External chest pocket is protected by a zipper and storm flap
- Partially elastic cuffs have hook-and-loop closures for fine-tuning the seal.
- Waist has a drawcord adjustment to seal out drafts.
- Reflective accents on sleeves, back and chest.
- Ride-specific fit is longer in the back to provide complete coverage.
Garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
All MEC men’s and boy’s pants are regular rise.
|Technology||Pertex Shield +|
|Face fabric||40-denier nylon|
Fabric waterproof rating
The standard test for waterproof fabrics uses a standing column filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A rating of 3,500mm or higher can be considered waterproof. The higher the rating, the more durable the waterproof fabric will be over time.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
Fabric active breathability
The rate at which a waterproof breathable fabric expels moisture when the inner surface is moist from perspiration. Values under 8,000g/m2/24h provide low performance, 20,000g/m2/24h provide moderate performance and values over 30,000g/m2/24h provide high performance.
|Pockets||1 external chest|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.
- Tall arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist. Not all styles available in 'tall'.