Bomber-built pants for regular cycle commuters. They have a tailored cut that fits over layers but doesn't billow in the wind when you're riding or walking. Burly enough for regular use, they'll also work as a waterproof layer for hiking or snowshoeing. Full-length zippers let you vent as needed and pockets add a practical touch.
- Made of 3-layer nylon Pertex Shield+ waterproof-breathable fabric with a PU non-porous hydrophilic laminate.
- Fully taped seams and Durable water repellent treatment boosts the waterproofness of the fabric.
- Buckle closure at waist, with a zip fly and snap.
- Zippered hand pockets both have with storm flaps to keep contents dry.
- Articulated knees for a full range of movement.
- Full-length side zips have 3 zipper pulls for great ventilation options.
- Bottom hem has adjustable snap closure and partially elastic cuff.
- Reflective strips front and back.
Garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
All MEC men’s and boy’s pants are regular rise.
|Technology||Pertex Shield +|
Fabric waterproof rating
The standard test for waterproof fabrics uses a standing column filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A rating of 3,500mm or higher can be considered waterproof. The higher the rating, the more durable the waterproof fabric will be over time.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
Fabric active breathability
The rate at which a waterproof breathable fabric expels moisture when the inner surface is moist from perspiration. Values under 8,000g/m2/24h provide low performance, 20,000g/m2/24h provide moderate performance and values over 30,000g/m2/24h provide high performance.
|Venting||¾-length waterproof leg zips|
|Pockets||2 front zippered|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
The finished inseam measurement of the garment.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Additional feature(s)||Reflective details|
|Product sustainability||Bluesign® Approved Material|