Stiff, durable, and sensibly priced – the trifecta for everyday riding. These are a mid-range option from Shimano® for road riders and commuters.
- Rims are black and silver alloy.
- Hub shells have a smooth, high-polish finish.
- Straight spokes and 2-cross lace for increased torsional rigidity and spoke life.
- 16-spoke front, 20-spoke rear butted bladed spokes.
- Wider flange hub and offset rim for rigidity and increased power transmission.
- Wear indicator lets you know when it’s time to replace the rims.
- Compatible with 8, 9, 10-speed systems. 10-speed require a 1mm spacer.
- 30mm rim height.
|Recommended tire width||19-25mm|
|Brake compatibility||Rim brakes|
The type of tube valve the rim will accommodate. Most Schrader wheels can be retrofitted to fit Presta valves.
Front hub width
The hub width must fit the inside distance between the two fork ends (dropouts).
|Rear hub width||130mm|
|Hub (front)||Shimano RS30|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.