The Soche Mitts have a soft inner face that's bonded to a windproof, water-resistant outer. For most outings, you can wear them on their own. When it gets a little nastier out, slip them under a pair of hard shell mitts for total protection.
- Outer surface is polyurethane coated soft shell, bonded to a cozy fleece interior.
- DWR finish on the outside enhances water resistance.
- Index finger area and thumb have touchscreen-friendly overlays.
- Cuffs have stretchy bindings to keep drafts out.
- Clips keep them together when you're not wearing them.
The type of material used on the palm of the glove. Grippy palms have a raised silicone or polyurethane pattern to improve grip and are most often seen on cycling and paddling handwear.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.