MEC Flute Jacket - Girls' - Youths
When temperatures dip and snowflakes start to fall, girls can zip up this warm jacket to stay out on the slopes or keep working their terrain tricks. The Flute is waterproof, breathable and insulated. It comes with a powder skirt to deal with big snow days. And a soft fleece-lined collar that's comfortable even when done up right up to the chin. Deep hood, secure zippered pockets, and insulation that allows easy movement make it suited to on-hill days and general winter wear.
- Outer shell is waterproof breathable recycled polyester with a polyurethane coating. Treated with DWR (durable water repellency) to shed snow and block wind.
- Polyester insulation is lighter in the hood and sleeves for mobility.
- Attached hood has detachable faux fur trim.
- Microfleece-lined collar, chinguard and pockets provide warmth and comfort.
- Front zipper has a storm flap secured with a snap and Velcro® closures.
- Powder skirt has Velcro tabs to hold it out when not in use.
- 2 zippered handwarmer pockets and an inner zippered chest pocket with a media port.
- D-ring for attaching a ski pass.
- Glove-friendly zipper pulls.
- Sleeves have snug inner fabric cuffs with thumbholes to prevent drafts from creeping in.
- Machine wash cold on delicate cycle in front loading machine. Do not use fabric softeners or bleach. Tumble dry low. Don’t iron or dry clean.
Technical garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
All MEC men’s and boy’s pants are regular rise.
|Technology||Microporous PU coating|
|Face fabric||Recycled polyester|
|Insulation||200g/sq. m polyester (body) + 100g/sq. m polyester (arms)|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.
- Measure inner leg from crotch to just below the ankle bone.
- Stand with back straight; measure from highest point on head to floor.