MEC Camber Jacket - Youths
This warm insulated jacket has the technical features needed for skiing and snowboarding. It's waterproof for big "inch an hour, two feet a day" snowfalls. And breathable enough to link turns right down the gut of a perfect fall-line. Canvas textured face fabric and printed liner give it a progressive look and a snow skirt prevents snow from sluffing inside the jacket. Ski pass holder and a media pocket round out the hill-worthy features.
- Waterproof-breathable shell is Synnix 2-layer recycled polyester with a breathable microporous polyurethane coating.
- Lined with printed, recycled polyester.
- Polyester synthetic insulation is heavier in the body, lighter in the sleeves and hood.
- Hood has elastic around edges
- Soft microfleece chin guard, collar and pocket bags.
- Full-length storm placket snaps closed at top and bottom and seals with Velcro®.
- Zipper pulls can be operated when wearing gloves.
- D-ring on chest pocket for attaching a ski pass
- 2 zippered handwarmer pockets, single chest pocket and a hidden fleece-lined pocket with a cord port.
- Tight sealing cuffs have inner fabric cuffs with thumb loops and hook-and-loop tabs on the outer cuffs.
- Powder skirt snaps closed and Velcro tabs keep it out of the way when not in use.
- Hanger loop inside neck.
- Hand me down name label inside.
- Washable in a front loading machine in cold water on delicate cycle. Do not use fabric softeners. or bleach. Tumble dry on low. Do not iron or dry clean.
Technical garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
All MEC men’s and boy’s pants are regular rise.
|Technology||Microporous PU coating|
|Face fabric||Recycled polyester|
|Insulation||200g/sq. m polyester (body) + 100g/sq. m polyester (arms)|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.
- Measure inner leg from crotch to just below the ankle bone.
- Stand with back straight; measure from highest point on head to floor.