MEC Whitecap Pants - Youths
- Available prices Clearance price $75.00 From $75.00 to $125.00 $75.00 – $125.00
This item ships FREE! In-store pickup is always free.
- Available online
- Find in store
Shop with confidence. If it's not working out like you expected, you can return it.
Really. If it's not up to snuff after you use it (a couple times) you can still bring it back.
It lasts longer than 30 days, but not forever. We'll be fair about it. We're all members here.
Price match guarantee
Find a lower price within 30 days? We’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Cannot be shipped to USA.
These warm insulated pants have the technical features needed for skiing and snowboarding. They are waterproof to suit big "inch an hour, two feet a day" snowfalls, and breathable enough to link turns right down the gut of a perfect fall-line. Snowboard styling gives them a progressive look and a Velcro® adjustable waist accommodates growth and increasing amplitude.
- Waterproof-breathable shell is Synnix 2-layer recycled polyester with a breathable microporous polyurethane coating.
- Lined with recycled polyester.
- Polyester synthetic insulation.
- Zip fly with button closure.
- 2 zippered slash pockets lined with soft fleece.
- Rear pocket has a zip closure, single cargo pocket has a flap that snaps closed.
- Articulated knees promote movement.
- Built-in Recco® Rescue System reflector allows ski patrol and mountain rescue teams to detect and locate Recco reflectors under snow. Recco technology is not a substitute for avalanche skills training, beacons, essential gear, or smart decision-making in the backcountry.
- Ankle zips.
- Internal gaiters have elastic to keep them in place.
- Washable in a front loading machine in cold water on delicate cycle. Do not use fabric softeners. or bleach. Tumble dry on low. Do not iron or dry clean.
Technical garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
All MEC men’s and boy’s pants are regular rise.
|Technology||Microporous PU coating|
|Face fabric||Recycled polyester|
|Insulation||100g/sq. m polyester|
Fabric waterproof rating
The standard test for waterproof fabrics uses a standing column filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A rating of 3,500mm or higher can be considered waterproof. The higher the rating, the more durable the waterproof fabric will be over time.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
Fabric active breathability
The rate at which a waterproof breathable fabric expels moisture when the inner surface is moist from perspiration. Values under 8,000g/m2/24h provide low performance, 20,000g/m2/24h provide moderate performance and values over 30,000g/m2/24h provide high performance.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Additional feature(s)||Internal gaiters|
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.
- Measure inner leg from crotch to just below the ankle bone.
- Stand with back straight; measure from highest point on head to floor.