MEC Apres Ski Jacket - Girls' - Youths
When the time comes for pond skating and snowman making, this beautifully constructed parka keeps girls warm and looking good. Though it’s styled for winter walks to school, we made sure to infuse it with the same features our technical backcountry jackets are known for. It's lightweight, water-resistant, well-insulated, and compresses for easy packing during sudden warm spells and temperature inversions.
- Recycled polyester shell and liner.
- Shell has a durable water repellency finish (DWR) that blocks wind, sheds snow, and repels light rain.
- Insulated with duck down. Sewn-through construction prevents shifting and cold spots.
- Close-fitting hood with detachable faux fur trim helps keep out winter chills.
- Tall stand-up collar blocks drafts even when the hood isn’t up.
- Soft fleece-lined collar prevents chafing.
- Full-length zipper has insulated storm flap with snaps.
- 2 zippered handwarmer pockets are lined with soft, warm fleece.
- Adjustable Velcro® closures on cuffs to hold warm air in.
- Hand-me-down ID label and hook hanger loop inside.
- Care instructions: Remove faux fur trim. Front loading machine wash cold on delicate cycle. Tumble dry low with tennis balls. Do not bleach, iron, dryclean or use fabric softeners. Faux fur trim: Hand wash cold and air dry.
Technical garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
All MEC men’s and boy’s pants are regular rise.
|Face fabric||Recycled polyester|
|Insulation||575 fill-power duck down|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Weather-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with critically taped seams|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.
- Measure inner leg from crotch to just below the ankle bone.
- Stand with back straight; measure from highest point on head to floor.