MEC Aura Jacket - Girls' - Children
A hooded jacket with a wind-resistant and weather-resistant shell, a soft, warm fleece lining, and high-visibility reflective trim. The jacket offers good protection for blustery spring or autumn days, although the seams are not taped, so it won't keep out a full-on deluge.
- Shell is 2-layer waterproof-breathable coated nylon with a DWR (durable water repellency) finish.
- Polyester fleece lining in the body and recycled polyester insulation in the sleeves to keep warm.
- Fully integrated hood with elastic trim to protect head and ears from cold gusts.
- Elasticized cuffs and full-length front zipper with a storm flap to seal out wind.
- 2 lower front cargo-style pockets with snap closures, and 2 chest pockets with flap and snap closures.
- Hand-me-down label and hook hanger loop inside.
- Reflective trim on hood, arms and back.
- Slightly dropped back hem for extra warmth.
- Relaxed fit for easy layering.
- Care instructions: Front loading machine wash cold on delicate cycle. Tumble dry low. Don’t bleach, iron, dry clean or use fabric softeners.
Technical garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
All MEC men’s and boy’s pants are regular rise.
|Ideal for||Casual wear|
|Technology||Microporous PU coating|
|Insulation||60g/sq. m polyester|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Weather-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof without taped seams|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Additional feature(s)||Reflective details|
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.
- Measure inner leg from crotch to just below the ankle bone.
- Stand with back straight; measure from highest point on head to floor.