Patagonia Leashless Jacket - Women's
Built for modern, “do it in a day”, climbing missions, this full-featured hard shell is designed for alpinists and climbers who are out there pushing the limits. GORE-TEX Active fabric provides optimal breathability when you are plugging hard for the summit. Technical, 3-layer design delivers bomber weather-proofness when conditions turn ugly on the descent. With its breathability and durable wind and waterproofness, this is the go-to hard shell for getting it done on high-output, alpine objectives.
- Made of 3-layer nylon GORE-TEX Active fabric with a robust DWR finish.
- Proprietary lamination process integrates a fine-denier backing fabric directly to a thin GORE TEX membrane, producing a light, soft, and supple fabric that brings you impressive moisture management and breathability.
- 2 handwarmer pockets provide a refuge for thawing cold fingers at belays.
- Single zippered chest pocket keeps essentials like energy gels and bars at the ready.
- Underarm zips provide additional venting when the action heats up.
- Fit accommodates layers.
|Ideal for||Alpine climbing and mountaineering|
|Face fabric||Nylon + PTFE|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Weather-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.