For keeping your options open and hedging the outcome toward success, it's often the simplest devices that are the best to have on hand. When it comes to cool weather rock climbing, drytooling or technical alpine routes, these soft shell pants are a mainstay item. A technical fit with 4-way stretch ensures a clear view of delicate footwork and freedom of movement for high steps, heel hooks, figure 4s and any other technique you might have in your repertoire.
- Made of recycled polyester with 9% spandex for stretch, double woven fabric is durable and quick to dry. Treated with a Deluge® DWR finish for water repellency.
- Minimalist design has 2 zippered hand pockets, 1 zippered cargo pocket on the right, and 1 zippered back pocket.
- Belt loops and partially elasticized waist for comfort under a harness.
- Articulated knees and gusseted crotch enhance mobility.
- Slim fit for unobstructed movement.
|Face fabric||Polyester + spandex|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with critically taped seams|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
The finished inseam measurement of the garment.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Additional feature(s)||Gusseted crotch|