From the fjords in the north to the torres in the south, this is the alpine climbing jacket of choice for balancing light-and-fast with waterproof-breathable protection. Whether you're squirming up a wide crack or battling an ice choked chimney, this shell won’t steam you up. The 3-layer GORE-TEX Pro fabric adds excellent breathability and protection from wetness and winds blasting in from offshore.
- Made of 3-layer GORE-TEX Pro fabric with DWR finish that sheds grime and grease. The PTFE base membrane is backed with Gore Micro-grid to keep you dry from the inside out.
- Helmet compatible adjustable hood with laminated visor improves visibility.
- Touch-point system with embedded cord locks in the hood and hem provide easy adjustment to seal in heat.
- Gusseted underarm panels allow for overhead manoeuvers without lifting the body of the jacket.
- Harness and pack compatible chest pockets have pressed pleats to increase capacity without adding seams.
- Zips are laminated in place to reduce bulk.
- Low-profile gusseted cuffs for a tight wrist seal.
- Underarm zips provide additional venting when the action heats up.
- Regular fit for comfortable layering.
|Face fabric||Nylon + PTFE|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Weather-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
|Pockets||2 external chest|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Additional feature(s)||Gusseted cuffs|