Black Diamond Verticals get a reboot for 2014. The original all-around mountain pants from 1988 are back in production. They have technical styling and are made of are super abrasion resistant Schoeller® nylon. Great for alpine climbing and big cragging days.
- Made Schoeller stretch woven nylon with NanoSphere DWR technology to shed light precip.
- Waist has an internal ladder lock adjustment that harness compatible.
- 2 way zippered fly is operable under a harness.
- 2 zippered hand pockets, 1 zippered rear pocket, 1 cargo pocket with a Velcro® closure
- Climbing specific gusseted crotch promotes movement.
- Articulated knees are pre-shaped
- Adjustable drawcord cuffs.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Weather-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
The finished inseam measurement of the garment.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.