Built for fast and light ascents, this weather-resistant windshell is equally at home on a rapid Rockies alpine assault as it is on a long-distance trail run or a few laps at the Nordic Centre. Waterproof Pertex Shield+ on the shoulders and hood provides protection from the elements, while stretch nylon in the body provides comfort and breathability for aerobic pursuits.
- Hood and shoulders are made of nylon Pertex Shield + for waterproof-breathable protection.
- Ripstop nylon body is highly breathable and water and wind resistant
- Zippered chest pocket doubles as a stuff sack for easy packable stowage.
- Fully adjustable hood with Halo hood articulation for improved vision and fit over a helmet.
- Internal front zip storm flap keeps out draughts.
- Elastic cuffs.
- Drawcord hem for adjustability.
- Key clip keeps essentials secure.
- Close fit for mobility during high output activities.
|Technology||Pertex Shield +|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with critically taped seams|
|Pockets||1 external chest|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
|Additional feature(s)||Wind flap behind zipper|