Belaying high of the deck, scratching up a mixed line or chasing spring corn, this soft shell protects you from bone-penetrating winds that toss around sprindrift and sea fog. The highly breathable, stretch fabric provides unrestricted freedom of movement and protection against light snow and rain. Panels across the shoulders and forearms offer abrasion resistance against pack straps and rough rock.
- Body and hood are made of stretch woven nylon and spandex.
- Shoulders and lower sleeves are a nylon Cordura, blend that withstands abrasion.
- Fully adjustable hood.
- Single-separating front zipper.
- 2 zippered hand pockets, left hand pocket doubles as a stuff sack for stowing.
- Zippered chest pocket and key clip keeps track of essential items.
- Drawcord hem for adjustability.
- DWR coated zippers.
- Standard fit for comfortable layering.
|Face fabric||Nylon + spandex|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with critically taped seams|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.