The Wi-Fi enabled Monterra runs the Android OS. Access all your favourite outdoor Android apps, even those that aren't available through the Google Play Store. You can even access Android compatible professional apps like construction estimators and ArcGIS to extend some office functions to the field. 3D MapMerge software allows you to blend topo maps or satellite imagery with specialized charts such as water tables, then zoom, pan or rotate your tailor-made map in three dimensions. A built-in camera lets you share geo-tagged photos of your explorations.
- High-sensitivity, dual-band GPS and GLONASS receiver for quick location fixes.
- Built-in 3-axis compass with accelerometer and gyro for accuracy on the go or at rest.
- Barometric altimeter tracks pressure changes for more accurate altitude readings and monitoring weather trends.
- Built-in UV sensor helps track your sun exposure.
- Built-in FM radio and NOAA weather radio with Specific Area Message Encoding (SAME) alerts.
- Headphone jack and built-in speaker.
- 8-megapixel autofocus camera with LED flash also takes 1080p HD video.
- WiFi, ANT+, Bluetooth 3.0 and NFC (Near Field Communication) capable for wireless sharing of data, maps, waypoints, tracks, routes, and geocaches with compatible devices.
- Provides paperless geocaching data such as descriptions, hints and logs, for each cache, and lets you view photos, connect to chirp® (Compressed High-Intensity Radiated Pulse)-enabled caches, and filter caches by size, terrain, difficulty and type.
- BaseCamp software displays topographic maps with contour lines and elevation profiles in 2-D or 3-D on your computer monitor, and lets you view and organize maps, waypoints, routes and tracks.
- Durable mineral glass screen combines LED backlighting with sunlight for brightness and legibility outside.
- Dual battery system lets you use the rechargeable Li-ion pack (included) or 3 AA batteries (NiMH or Lithium recommended).
- Compatible with the same mounts as the Garmin Montana.
|Display dimensions||9 x 5cm|
Indicates the degree of protection against liquid. IP X1: Dripping water while in normal operating orientation; IP X4: Splashing water; IP X5: Water jets; IP X6: Powerful water jets; IP X7: Immersion up to 1m ≤ 30 minutes; IP X8: Suitable for submersion as specified by manufacturer.
|Dimensions||15 x 7.5 x 3.6cm|
An electronic compass allows the user to view their heading in situations where they are either standing still or moving too slowly for the GPS to detect.
Waypoints consist of a standard set of coordinates (two for land, three for air or space) that identify a specific physical location. A route is navigated between two or more waypoints.
Unit to unit transfer
Shares data wirelessly between compatible units.
A basic set of map data that is included with the GPS. Basemap detail may vary from unit to unit.
|Battery power indicator||Yes|
|Track log||10,000 points, 200 saved tracks|
|Data card||microSD card (not included)|
|Low battery warning||Yes|
An online community where members upload, analyze and share activity data.
Add maps capability
These units allow you to add maps, so you can mark and name waypoints and create routes on your PC, and then upload the map of your choice to your GPS.
Barometer function helps forecast weather trends. An altimeter can provide one line of position for location on a topo map, useful if the GPS isn't working.
Monitors pedalling cadence and measures pedalling strokes per minute.
|Battery life||16 h|
|Chest strap||Sold separately|
A POI (point of interest) is a specific location that someone may find interesting (i.e., favourite viewpoint, best coffee stop before the trailhead). The custom POI feature allows the user to load only the POI's that interest them onto their GPS unit.