An action camera that lets you film and stay focused on the business at hand. Just slide the switch, and launch in. A sunlight-friendly LCD display lets you set up shots, play back video and adjust settings without detaching the camera from its mount. The Elite version has a GPS, accelerometer and altimeter functions. It connects through Wi-Fi to your computer and smartphone for remote image preview, setting adjustments, starting, stopping and taking still photos. And it puts viewers even more in the moment with GPS data stamping and the ability to display heart rate, speed or altitude from compatible Garmin sensors.
- True 1080p HD video from a 16MP CMOS image processor.
- Still image capture takes 16MP photo bursts (6 per second) or time lapse images while filming.
- WideVü 9-element glass lens shoots in wide, medium or narrow modes.
- Digital stabilization and lens distortion correction automatically improve every frame to improve raw footage.
- GPS-based smart recording profiles include skiing mode, which automatically starts recording your downhill runs and stops recording when you come to a stop.
- ANT+ connectivity offers remote control with compatible Garmin devices: cycling computers, watches or accessory remote. Captures data from Garmin external sensors such as wireless temperature sensors, speed/cadence bike sensors and heart rate monitors to include in your video.
- Internal microphone and Optional USB to 3.5 mm stereo mic adapter.
- Rechargeable 2000mAh lithium-ion battery lasts up to 3 hours and is removable for fast swap-outs.
- Includes VIRB Edit software.
- Includes a flat surface mount, a contoured surface mount, and an adapter to fit another widely used action camera mount.
- Note: no memory is included. Camera supports up to 64GB micro SD cards (class 10 or higher highly recommended). 1 hour at 1080p uses about 8.75GB.
|Instant on-record switch||Yes|
Interval photo mode
The interval, in seconds, at which you can set the camera to take pictures.
|Microphone||Internal mic + external jack (sold separately)|
|Dimensions||11.1 x 5.3 x 3.2cm|
Maximum memory capacity
The maximum additional memory accepted by the device.
Indicates the degree of protection against liquid. IP X1: Dripping water while in normal operating orientation; IP X4: Splashing water; IP X5: Water jets; IP X6: Powerful water jets; IP X7: Immersion up to 1m ≤ 30 minutes; IP X8: Suitable for submersion as specified by manufacturer.
|Batteries||Lithium-ion 2000mAh (included)|
|Still photo mode||Yes|
|Data card||microSD card (not included)|
|GPS image tagging||No|
|Tripod mount||Sold separately|
Ensures seamless digital wireless communication between ANT+ devices. For example, data from an ultra-low power wireless sensor can be displayed on a bike computer or smartphone, then downloaded to a PC, etc.
Laser image alignment
Built-in laser allows for setting an accurate video horizon line.