Salomon X-Scream Running Shoes - Women's
Fly from your front door to the backcountry in these urban-ready neutral runners. Their multi-surface outsoles take on sidewalks, trails and stairs with equal agility.
- Uppers are synthetic mesh with Sensifit foot wraps for a precise, secure fit.
- Sensiflex around the toe boxes balances foot hold and freedom to move.
- Quicklace lacing system with lace pockets and tongue covers.
- Midsoles are LT Lightweight Muscle, a combination of injected EVA for cushioning and compressed EVA to prevent medial collapse.
- Footbeds are shaped EVA.
- Outsoles are non-marking Contagrip, with HA (High Abrasion) inserts at the heels and foot balls, the points of maximum wear.
Some shoes include added motion control or stability features to help minimize pronation or supination, where the foot tends to roll inward or outward in a biomechanically imbalanced running position.
The approximate thickness of the midsole cushioning under the heel and the forefoot. A thicker heel and greater difference between heel and toe height tends to suit heel-strike runners, while forefoot and midfoot strikers may prefer a minimal drop between heel and toe cushioning.
The drop is the difference in height between the heel and the forefoot midsole cushioning. Traditional running shoes tend to have a 10mm drop or higher while minimalist style shoes are on the lower end of the spectrum.
Waterproof shoes and boots feature a waterproof-breathable membrane and a gusseted tongue to help keep your feet dry in wet conditions.