For runners looking for targeted support, breathability and springy response. The Flyknit's breathable upper uses a continuous knit that's lightweight and fits like a second skin. An adjustable cord system maximizes support by supporting the foot through with a network of cords.
- Seamless one-piece upper is made from woven polyester thread, using a construction process that creates little to no waste, making the shoe very efficient to produce.
- Low-profile knit tongue offers ventilation and comfort.
- Fitsole sock liner follows the contours of the foot for a comfortable, slipper-like fit.
- Pull-tab on the heels.
- Flywire technology supports from the ground up, with the cords originating in the sole. Customizable through the laces, they hug your arch for a dynamic, supportive fit.
- Lunarlon cushion offers a soft, responsive ride with a resilient foam core that provides a springy response.
- Blown rubber forefoot lugs adds cushioning and efficiency to your stride.
- Flex grooves enhance articulation and flexibility and smooth out transitions.
- Green rubber and BRS 1000 compound offer excellent durability.
Some shoes include added motion control or stability features to help minimize pronation or supination, where the foot tends to roll inward or outward in a biomechanically imbalanced running position.
The approximate thickness of the midsole cushioning under the heel and the forefoot. A thicker heel and greater difference between heel and toe height tends to suit heel-strike runners, while forefoot and midfoot strikers may prefer a minimal drop between heel and toe cushioning.
The drop is the difference in height between the heel and the forefoot midsole cushioning. Traditional running shoes tend to have a 10mm drop or higher while minimalist style shoes are on the lower end of the spectrum.
Waterproof shoes and boots feature a waterproof-breathable membrane and a gusseted tongue to help keep your feet dry in wet conditions.