Castelli Velo Jacket - Men's
The best part of a climb is the descent. It's also the coldest part. Pack this super compactable jacket in your jersey drop-in pocket in preparation for the way down – it fits close to your body to minimize the freeze and to prevent excessive flapping in the wind. Finished with DWR, this jacket’s also handy to have on hand when you're leaving the house and the clouds look ominous.
- Castelli® windproof Forcefield fabric is made from polyester, and treated with durable water repellent (DWR) for protection from the rain.
- Mesh-lined collar becomes a stuff sack.
- Covered vents along the neck and sleeves keep the air flowing so you don't overheat.
- Dovetail back keeps you covered when you're going full aero tuck.
- Reflective elements keep you seen in low light.
|Ideal for||Road cycling|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Weather-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Additional feature(s)||Reflective details|
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.