Castelli Velo Vest - Men's
The best part of a climb is the descent. It's also the coldest part. Pack this super compactable vest in your jersey drop-in pocket in preparation for the way down – its streamlined fit minimizes the freeze and prevents excessive flapping in the wind. Finished with DWR, it's a lightweight throw-on for a bit of extra "just-in-case" protection when you're leaving the house and the clouds look ominous.
- Castelli® windproof Forcefield fabric is made from polyester, and treated with durable water repellent (DWR) for protection from the rain.
- Mesh-lined collar becomes a stuff sack.
- Covered vents along the neck keep the air flowing so you don't overheat.
- Dovetail back keeps you covered when you're going full aero tuck, and gives you better splash protection.
- Reflective elements keep you seen in low light.
|Ideal for||Road cycling|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Additional feature(s)||Reflective details|
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.