The Cross 1300 is designed for those who appreciate flowy XC routes, and still log plenty of paved miles. Light on its tires and sturdy in its heart, this hybrid's aluminum frame sets you up for a powerful ride, on trails or pavement. Its front suspension fork absorbs whatever rock, divet, or pothole lays before you. Shimano brakes and drivetrain keep your stops on point, and your experience responsive. The 2014 Cross 1300 gets a component overhaul that gives it smoother shifting and an overall lighter set up.
- 7005 aluminum frame ensures rigidity while maintaining low weight and keeps the cost reasonable.
- Tapered head tube is wider at the bottom for better force transfer from the fork to the frame. The increased stiffness offers direct, reactive steering.
- Shocks provide 60mm of travel to absorb bumps on roads or trails.
- Front suspension combined with large 700C nobby tires let it roll smoothly like a road bike, but give it the trail capability of a mountain bike.
- Shimano (V-brake rim brakes) provide great stopping power.
- Continuous cable housing so dirt and grit can't get in to affect shifting performance.
- 24-speed Shimano® drivetrain is equipped with light, durable components.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC Bike Shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- Ghost Bikes are designed in Waldsassen, Germany. Every model reflects a deep passion for cycling and meticulous attention to detail.
|Frame||Ghost 7005 PG aluminum|
|Fork||RST Neon MLO|
|Stem||Ghost light AS-DC1 31.8mm|
|Seatpost||Ghost light SP DC|
|Handlebars||Ghost Low Rizer light 31.8mm|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Shimano M422 (V-brake rim)|
|Brake levers||Shimano EZ-Fire Plus|
|Shifters||Shimano EZ-Fire Plus|
|Derailleur (front)||Shimano Altus|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano Alivio|
|Crank + rings||Shimano FCM 171 48-38-28T|
|Hub (front)||Shimano RM40|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Shimano Altus 8-speed 11-30T|
|Rims||Alex ACE 18|
|Tires||Schwalbe CX Comp 700 x 40|
|Saddle||Ghost 2055 Comfort|