The SE 2970 is just like the SE 2920, but has a higher-end component set and a nice RockShox fork with a little extra travel. The 29'er wheels have the mechanics of size to help them maintain momentum and roll smoothly over rough trails. Large scale disc brakes control your velocity and premium Shimano® components provide fast reliable shifting so you can pinpoint your focus on the curves and swerves ahead.
- 7000 series aluminum frame is strong and durable, while keeping the weight low and the cost reasonable.
- Tapered head tube is wider at the bottom for better force transfer from the fork to the frame. The increased stiffness offers direct, reactive steering.
- Continuous cable housing so dirt and grit can't get in to affect shifting performance.
- This model is equipped with pedals.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC Bike Shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- Ghost Bikes are designed in Waldsassen, Germany. Every model reflects a deep passion for cycling and meticulous attention to detail.
|Frame||Ghost SE 29 7005 DB aluminum|
|Fork||RockShox 32 XC PopLoc|
|Stem||Ghost light AS-DC1 31.8mm|
|Seatpost||Ghost light SP DC|
|Handlebars||Ghost Flat light 31.8mm|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Shimano M445 (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||Shimano M445 Disc|
|Shifters||Shimano SLX SL|
|Derailleur (front)||Shimano SLX|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano XT|
|Crank + rings||Shimano Deore 42-32-24T|
|Bottom bracket||Shimano BB-51 BSA|
|Hub (front)||Shimano Deore|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|SRAM PG 1030 10-speed 11-36T|
|Rims||Alex XD Sport|
|Tires||Schwalbe Rapid Rob 29 x 2.25|