This one threads the tricky line between value and performance with aplomb, and is an excellent entry into the world cross-country riding. Ghost "cockpit control" design gives the ASX 5100 a shorter stem and wider bars to give you control without changing your upper body position. Shimano® Deore and XT components give you speed and precision, and the M445 disc brakes add reliable velocity control. The hanger is mounted on the inside of the chainstay to reduce bending stress and provide more direct shifting. The 650B (27.5in.) wheel size marries the agility of a 26in. wheel with the smoothness of a 29er to create very nimble, extra stable traction.
- 7000 series aluminum frame is strong and durable, while keeping the weight low and the cost reasonable.
- Tapered head tube is wider at the bottom for better force transfer from the fork to the frame. The increased stiffness offers direct, reactive steering.
- Needle bearing system in the rear shock eye replace commonly used bushings for minimum break-away torque (less force applied to activate the shock). Allows great small-bump responsiveness.
- Reverse hanger technology creates more direct shifting, mounting the hanger on the inside of the chain stay, reducing bending stress during shifting.
- Outfitted with Shimano Deore components, with RST First front suspension, and X-Fusion rear suspension.
- Front and rear shocks have rebound and lock-out adjustment so that you can tailor your shock compliance to the type of riding you're doing.
- Equipped with Ghost Flats pedals.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC Bike Shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- Ghost Bikes are designed in Waldsassen, Germany. Every model reflects a deep passion for cycling and meticulous attention to detail.
Geometry influences comfort, efficiency, and how the bike handles, particularly its steering.
|Full suspension mountain|
|Frame||Ghost ASX 650B 7005 DB aluminum|
|Fork||RST First GTRL Air RL|
|Rear shock||X-Fusion E1 RL|
|Stem||Ghost light AS-DC1 31.8mm|
|Seatpost||Ghost light SP DC|
|Handlebars||Ghost Low Rizer light 31.8mm|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Shimano M445 (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||Shimano M445 Disc|
|Shifters||Shimano Deore SL|
|Derailleur (front)||Shimano Deore|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano XT|
|Crank + rings||Shimano FCM 552 42-32-24T|
|Bottom bracket||Shimano BB-51 BSA|
|Hub (front)||Shimano Deore|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|SRAM PG 1030 10-speed 11-36T|
|Rims||Alex SX 44|
|Tires||Schwalbe Rocket Ron 27.5 x 2.25|
|Saddle||Ghost 2055 Comfort|