With a couple of significant upgrades from the Ghost ASX 5100, this bike is yet to meet a fallen log or teeter-totter it didn't like the look of. For improved air spring and damping control, the fork is a Fox 32F CTD, and the brakes are Shimano Deore hydraulic disc. There is also a 700g weight difference between the two bikes. Ghost has upped the ante on their "cockpit control," designing this ride with a shorter stem and wider handlebars to give you more control without changing your upper body position. The hanger is mounted on the inside of the chainstay to reduce bending stress and provide more direct shifting. And a 650B (27.5in.) wheel size marries the agility of a 26 with the smoothness of a 29er to create very nimble, extra stable traction.
- 7000 series aluminum frame is strong and durable, while keeping the weight low and the cost reasonable.
- Tapered head tube is wider at the bottom for better force transfer from the fork to the frame. The increased stiffness offers direct, reactive steering.
- Needle bearing system in the rear shock eye replace commonly used bushings for minimum break-away torque (less force applied to activate the shock). Allows great small-bump responsiveness.
- Reverse hanger technology creates more direct shifting, mounting the hanger on the inside of the chain stay, reducing bending stress during shifting.
- Outfitted with quality Shimano® Deore and XT components.
- Front suspension features responsive Climb/Trail/Descend (CTD) 3-position adjustment lever for fast adjustment to changing terrain.
- X-Fusion shocks rear suspension has rebound and lock-out adjustment, so that you can tailor your shock compliance to the type of riding you're doing.
- Equipped with Ghost Flats pedals.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC Bike Shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- Ghost Bikes are designed in Waldsassen, Germany. Every model reflects a deep passion for cycling and meticulous attention to detail.
|Frame||Ghost ASX 650B 7005 DB aluminum|
|Fork||Fox Float 32 Air Evolution CTD|
|Rear shock||X-Fusion E1 RL|
|Stem||Ghost light AS-DC1 31.8mm|
|Seatpost||Ghost light SP DC|
|Handlebars||Ghost Low Rizer light 31.8mm|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Shimano Deore (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||Shimano Deore|
|Shifters||Shimano Deore SL|
|Derailleur (front)||Shimano Deore|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano XT|
|Crank + rings||Shimano Deore 42-32-24T|
|Bottom bracket||Shimano BB-51 BSA|
|Hub (front)||Shimano Deore|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|SRAM PG 1030 10-speed 11-36T|
|Rims||Alex SX 44|
|Tires||Schwalbe Rocket Ron 27.5 x 2.25|
|Saddle||Ghost 2055 Comfort|