The best possible performance in any kind of terrain. The Cagua 6550 features the 27.5 (650 B) wheel size that's catching all the buzz in the world of enduro bikes. It's got the smooth rolling feel of a 29'er with the quick handling and agility of a smaller wheel size. A robust aluminum frame is engineered specifically for 27.5 wheels. And a 12mm rear axle and 15mm front axle ensure the wheels track perfectly, so the bike goes exactly where you point it. Shimano XT brakes handle the velocity control, and for serious stopping power a combination 203mm rotor up front and a 180mm in the rear isn't an aftermarket upgrade but a stock setup. The 2014 6550 gets a new stem and seatpost, headset, fork, rims and cassette, everything else remains as solid as the 2013 model.
- Reinforced, lightweight aluminum frame with sophisticated details like hydroformed tubing and specific chainstay length.
- Tapered head tube is wider at the bottom for better force transfer from the fork to the frame. The increased stiffness offers direct, reactive steering.
- Rear shock has a responsive Climb/Trail/Descend (CTD) 3-position adjustment lever for fast adjustment to changing terrain.
- RockShox Reverb seat post.
- Continuous cable housing so dirt and grit can't get in to affect shifting performance.
- Shimano Pressfit BB system. Designed to increase stiffness and support and to reduce needed maintenance.
- Shimano XT components ensure fast, crisp shifting.
- This model is not equipped with pedals.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC Bike Shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- Ghost Bikes are designed in Waldsassen, Germany. Every model reflects a deep passion for cycling and meticulous attention to detail.
|Frame||Ghost Cagua 650B 7005 DB SCL aluminum|
|Fork||Fox Talas 34 Air O/C CTD 2-position|
|Rear shock||Fox Float CTD BV SV XV|
|Stem||Ghost light AS-029 31.8mm|
|Seatpost||Rock Shox Reverb with 125mm travel|
|Handlebars||Ghost Low Rizer light 31.8mm|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Shimano XT (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||Shimano XT|
|Shifters||Shimano XT SL|
|Derailleur (front)||Shimano XT|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano XT Plus|
|Crank + rings||Shimano XT 38-24T|
|Bottom bracket||Shimano Pressfit|
|Hub (front)||Shimano XT|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|SRAM PG 1030 10-speed 11-36T|
|Tires||Schwalbe Nobby Nic 27.5 x 2.35|
|Saddle||Selle Italia X1|