Shift crisply and roll big. This full-suspension cross-country racing machine features Shimano® XT components and 29in. wheels on a strong but lightweight aluminum frame. The front fork has a remote that lets you adjust the suspension on the fly, and the Fox® suspension also has a climb/trail/descend (CTD) 3-position adjustment lever for fast responses to changing terrain. Fox Boost Valve technology on the rear shock provides firmness or give when you need it.
- Reinforced, lightweight aluminum frame with hydroformed tubing and specific chainstay length.
- Tapered head tube is wider at the bottom for better force transfer from the fork to the frame. The increased stiffness offers direct, reactive steering.
- Needle bearing system in the rear shock eye replace commonly used bushings for minimum break-away torque (less force applied to activate the shock). Allows great small-bump responsiveness.
- Continuous cable housing so dirt and grit can't get in to affect shifting performance.
- Shimano Pressfit BB system. Designed to increase stiffness and support and to reduce needed maintenance.
- This model is not equipped with pedals.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC Bike Shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- Ghost Bikes are designed in Waldsassen, Germany. Every model reflects a deep passion for cycling and meticulous attention to detail.
|Frame||Ghost AMR 29 DB SCL aluminum|
|Fork||Fox Float 32 Air CTD Remote|
|Rear shock||Fox Float CTD BV|
|Stem||Ghost light AS-029 31.8mm|
|Seatpost||Ghost SL SP 717|
|Handlebars||Ghost Low Rizer light 31.8mm|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Shimano XT (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||Shimano XT|
|Shifters||Shimano XT SL|
|Derailleur (front)||Shimano XT|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano XT|
|Crank + rings||Shimano XT 40-30-22T|
|Bottom bracket||Shimano Pressfit|
|Hub (front)||Shimano XT|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Shimano XT 10-speed 11-36T|
|Tires||Schwalbe Rocket Ron 29 x 2.25|
|Saddle||Selle Italia X1|