The AMR Lector 2977 is an XT spec'd, Fox suspension wearing, 29-inch wheeled cross-country beast. The carbon frame with an aluminum rear triangle frame is lightweight but brawny. Shimano XT components are there to give you fast crisp shifts and keep the velocity in check. The Fox shocks front fork has a remote that allows suspension adjustment on the fly and the rear shock features Fox's Boost Valve technology provides give or firmness as needed. The suspension system has a forgiving 110mm of travel and a responsive Climb/Trail/Descend (CTD) 3-position adjustment lever that allows fast adjustment to changing terrain.
- Specific chainstay length (chainstay lengths are relative to each frame size) keeps the centre of balance tuned for each frame and makes sure the feel is right for any given size.
- Tapered head tube is wider at the bottom for better force transfer from the fork to the frame. The increased stiffness offers direct, reactive steering.
- Shorter stem and wider handlebars keep your hands wide without changing your upper body position, so you have more control on the trail.
- Needle bearing system in the rear shock eye replaces commonly used bushings for minimum break-away torque (less force applied to activate the shock). Allows great small-bump responsiveness.
- Back end suspension has a transmission ratio of 2:1, and is tuned for sensitivity with controlled damping and good overall durability.
- Reverse hanger tech (hanger mounted inside the chainstay) offers more direct shifting and less bending stress during shifting.
- Continuous cable housing so dirt and grit can't get in to affect shifting performance.
- Shimano Pressfit BB system. Designed to increase stiffness and support and to reduce needed maintenance.
- This model is not equipped with pedals.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC Bike Shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- Ghost Bikes are designed in Waldsassen, Germany. Every model reflects a deep passion for cycling and meticulous attention to detail.
Geometry influences comfort, efficiency, and how the bike handles, particularly its steering.
|Full suspension mountain|
|Frame||Ghost AMR 29 HM MIMS SCL carbon/alloy|
|Fork||Fox Float 32 Air CTD Remote|
|Rear shock||Fox Float CTD BV|
|Stem||Ghost light AS-029 31.8mm|
|Seatpost||Ghost SL SP 717|
|Handlebars||Ghost Low Rizer super light 31.8mm|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Shimano XT (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||Shimano XT|
|Shifters||Shimano XT SL|
|Derailleur (front)||Shimano XT|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano XT|
|Crank + rings||Shimano XT 40-30-22T|
|Bottom bracket||Shimano Pressfit|
|Hub (front)||Shimano XT|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Shimano XT 10-speed 11-36T|
|Tires||Schwalbe Rocket Ron 29 x 2.25|
|Saddle||Selle Italia X1|