MEC Garda 2 Jacket - Women's
Give your alpine jacket a break when you’re in the city, sipping chai and browsing travel magazines. This casual jacket has a military-infused style and fills the void in a closet dominated by technical apparel. The 2 zippered chest pockets and 2 handwarmer pockets pocket ensure that there's room for all of the day's necessities.
- Made of soft organically grown cotton with a touch of spandex for stretch.
- Adjust the hood with cords and a snap at the back.
- Angled front pockets.
- 2 zippered chest pockets for a bus pass or a key fob.
Technical garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
|Ideal for||Casual wear|
Measured in grams per square metre (gsm). The larger the number, the heavier and thicker the garment.
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Natural waist
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.
- Petite arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist. Petite size garments are also proportionally shorter overall. Not all styles are available in 'petite'.