The Ghost Powerkid 20 is a super-solid bike that will help young riders learn to stomp hills and float trails. Built with reliable components from trustworthy brands, the frame is light, the shifting is smooth, and the braking feels precise and consistent. The suspension fork smooths out bumps and roughness, making the ride feel more predictable and helping the rider feel in control. The Powerkid series is an excellent base for building confidence and honing cross-country riding skills.
- 7000 series aluminum frame is strong and durable, while keeping the weight low and the cost reasonable.
- Suspension fork has 50mm of travel.
- V-brakes provide good control and predictable operation.
- Ghost and Shimano® Tourney components with 7-speed derailleur.
- Ghost 20in. wheelset.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC Bike Shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- Ghost Bikes are designed in Waldsassen, Germany. Every model reflects a deep passion for cycling and meticulous attention to detail.
|Frame||Ghost 7005 PG aluminum|
|Fork||RST Capa T20|
|Stem||Ghost light AS-601 25.4mm|
|Handlebars||Ghost Low Rizer light 25.4mm|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Tektro Jr. (V-brake rim)|
|Brake levers||Tektro Jr.|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano Tourney|
|Crank + rings||LASCO RCF1536DP 36T|
|Hub (front)||Ghost 20|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Shimano 7-speed 14-28T|
|Tires||Impac Outpac 20 x 2.0|
|Saddle||Ghost VL 5062|