MEC Vienta Windshell - Women's
Why carry your bulky winter coat on fickle fall and spring days? Slip on this breathable wind shell for blustery or misty days and go about your day without overheating. It easily packs away if the sun comes out.
- Made of recycled polyester with a DWR-coating to keep you dry in light rain.
- Adjustable 3-panel hood stows inside the collar when the wind or mist clears.
- Quilted shoulders and back yoke detail adds interest.
- Cinched waist creates a flattering silhouette.
- 2 zippered front pockets to keep your phone, cash and keys safe.
- Drawstring hem for a snug fit.
- Care instructions: Machine wash cold. Do not bleach. Tumble dry low. Iron low when needed. Do not dry clean.
Technical garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
|Face fabric||50-denier recycled polyester|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Natural waist
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.
- Petite arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist. Petite size garments are also proportionally shorter overall. Not all styles are available in 'petite'.