Evolv Defy VTR Rock Shoes - Men's
They feel like bedroom slippers right out of the box. A soft midsole keeps them supple and gives them nice sensitivity. An asymmetric toe gives them high-performance function, like good edging power and purchase when smearing. The fit should appeal to both novices and veteran climbers, making them good all around shoes at a very good price.
- Perforated synthetic upper breathes well and won't stretch and get sloppy over time. You get the same performance for the life of the shoe.
- Plush nylon lining.
- Slip lasted construction.
- VTR rubber rand protects the toe area.
- 1mm half-length midsole provides support for edging and smearing.
- Soles are Trax XT-5 high-friction rubber.
A flat profile suits long routes and cracks. Curved shoes allow precision and good edging. Hooked shoes are down-turned and tensioned, for power to the toe on steep or overhanging routes.
Highly asymmetric shoes allow more precision and focused power. Symmetrical shoes are more comfortable for all-around climbing.
Stiffness is provided by the type of sole and the tensioning system. Softer shoes allow more precision. Supportive shoes prevent fatigue.
A highly tensioned shoe tends to push your foot forward to create a powerful curve in your toes.