Evolv Elektra VTR Rock Shoes - Women's
They feel like bedroom slippers right out of the box. A soft midsole keeps them supple and gives them nice sensitivity. An asymmetric toe gives them high-performance function, like good edging power and purchase when smearing. The fit should appeal to both novices and veteran climbers, making them good all around shoes at a very good price.
- Perforated synthetic upper breathes well and won't stretch. You get the same performance for the life of the shoe.
- Durable nylon lining.
- Women's version is cut lower in the ankle, with a lower volume toebox, arch, and heel.
- Slip lasted construction.
- VTR rubber rand protects the toe area.
- 1mm half-length midsole provides support for edging and smearing.
- Soles are Trax XT-5 high-friction rubber.
A neutral shoe suits long routes and cracks. Moderate shoes allow precision and good edging. Aggressive shoes are downturned and tensioned, for power to the toe on steep or overhanging routes.
Highly asymmetric shoes allow more precision and focused power. Symmetrical shoes are more comfortable for all-around climbing.
Stiffness is provided by the type of sole and the tensioning system. Softer shoes allow more precision. Supportive shoes prevent fatigue.