Hit the road just right with these neutral-platform running shoes. New Balance® used special software to formulate the midsole foam, which blends a more natural underfoot feel with a plush, stable ride. This gives you the strike absorption you need, so you can focus on your run, not your feet.
- Uppers are made of breathable air mesh with welded overlays for durability.
- No-sew upper construction provides freedom from chafing.
- Fresh Foam midsoles combine a super plush and stable ride with just enough hardness to be responsive.
- Lots of cushioning and a close-to-the-ground feel all in one shoe.
- Outsoles are blown rubber for durability.
Some shoes include added motion control or stability features to help minimize pronation or supination, where the foot tends to roll inward or outward in a biomechanically imbalanced running position.
The approximate thickness of the midsole cushioning under the heel and the forefoot. A thicker heel and greater difference between heel and toe height tends to suit heel-strike runners, while forefoot and midfoot strikers may prefer a minimal drop between heel and toe cushioning.
The drop is the difference in height between the heel and the forefoot midsole cushioning. Traditional running shoes tend to have a 10mm drop or higher while minimalist style shoes are on the lower end of the spectrum.
Waterproof shoes and boots feature a waterproof-breathable membrane and a gusseted tongue to help keep your feet dry in wet conditions.