The Copper Spur Ultralight is a fully featured and crazy-light space for a solo traveller. There's enough interior space to while away time in the tent in wet weather and new media pockets for routing cords without causing a tangle. Room at the head area accommodates a big-shouldered occupant, and it tapers towards the foot to save weight. Hubbed poles and canopy clips are super-fast to set up.
- Ultralight nylon and polyester mesh canopy are a good balance of weather protection and ventilation.
- Seams are taped with waterproof, solvent-free polyurethane tape (No PVC or VOCs).
- High peaked vents in the fly let air in and keep wetness out.
- Body has a big arc-shaped (like a rainbow) door make the space livable.
- Guyline points in the corners let you anchor it securely in windy conditions.
- Hub design is fast to set up. H-clip and twist-clips attach tent body to poles.
- Featherlight DAC poles have pressfit connectors and a high strength-to-weight ratio.
- 3 interior mesh pockets for organizing gear.
- 2 mesh media pockets above the sleeping area with cord loops to route ear buds.
- Vestibule provides gear storage area and a weather-proof area to put your boots on.
- Storm flaps on the vestibule keep drips out of the tent.
- Includes 8 superlight aluminum J stakes.
- Optional footprint available for floor protection or an ultralight configuration
The number of average sized people that the product can comfortably sleep.
|Canopy mesh||Polyester mesh|
|Floor fabric||Nylon ripstop|
|Floor coating||Silicone and polyurethane|
The standard test for coated fabrics uses a standing pipe (column) filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A 1000mm coating allowed no leaks after 1 minute under 1000mm of water.
|Fly fabric||Nylon ripstop|
|Fly coating||Silicone and polyurethane|
The standard test for coated fabrics uses a standing column (a pipe) filled with water. The figures given are the column height. A 1000mm coating allowed no leaks after 1 minute under 1000mm of water.
|Pole||DAC Featherlite NSL 7001 T6 aluminum|
A measurement based on the longest point of the tent.
A measurement based on the widest points of the tent.
Square metre measurement of a tent’s usable space. Does not include vestibules.
|Interior peak height||0.94m|
Includes just the tent, poles, and the fewest pegs and guylines needed to properly set it up.
Includes the full tent with its stuff sack, repair swatches, and all the guylines and pegs.
|Vestibule area (primary)||0.9sq. m|
These tents can be set up without stakes or pegs on any type of ground. All tents should be anchored or weighted, so they don't blow away.