Big Agnes mountaineering tents have strong structural designs to protect you from harsh, big-mountain conditions. Its winter-worthy features include fly vents, mesh vents on the body that can be closed to keep out wind, heavy duty reflective guylines, and storm flaps on the vestibule zipper. The String Ridge is light enough to pack for a 2-person shelter on an overnight route and sturdy enough to ride it out if you're pinned by weather for a few extra nights.
- All seams are sealed with solvent-free polyurethane tape.
- Fly vents and closable mesh panels in the body let you balance ventilation and weather protection.
- Storm flaps on vestibule zippers prevents drips.
- DAC Featherlite poles have pressfit connectors and lightweight hubs with a high strength-to-weight ratio.
- Reverse Combi architecture provides wide head room without the need for extra poles.
- 8 interior mesh pockets for organizing gear.
- Loops let you rig a gear loft.
- Oversized stakeout loops allow the use of skis, poles, or axes to anchor the tent.
- 15 lightweight Mega X stakes have holes at the tops and middles for rigging as deadman anchors.
- Heavy duty reflective guylines and reflective webbing on tent corners.
The number of average sized people that the product can comfortably sleep.
|Canopy fabric||Nylon ripstop|
|Floor fabric||Nylon ripstop|
The standard test for coated fabrics uses a standing pipe (column) filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A 1000mm coating allowed no leaks after 1 minute under 1000mm of water.
|Fly fabric||Nylon ripstop|
The standard test for coated fabrics uses a standing column (a pipe) filled with water. The figures given are the column height. A 1000mm coating allowed no leaks after 1 minute under 1000mm of water.
|Pole||DAC Featherlite NSL 7001 T6 aluminum|
A measurement based on the longest point of the tent.
A measurement based on the widest points of the tent.
Square metre measurement of a tent’s usable space. Does not include vestibules.
|Interior peak height||1.07m|
Includes just the tent, poles, and the fewest pegs and guylines needed to properly set it up.
Includes the full tent with its stuff sack, repair swatches, and all the guylines and pegs.
|Vestibule area (primary)||1sq. m|
These tents can be set up without stakes or pegs on any type of ground. All tents should be anchored or weighted, so they don't blow away.