When running mid to long distances over technical terrain, these shoes are all about adding control at each footstrike. A wrap-around TPU frame creates a precise fit that adds stability and avoids the need for heavy stabilizers in the central part of the shoe. The outcome is a lightweight shoe that feels stable and well-cushioned enough to for races and challenging distances.
- Uppers are air mesh, with thermal adhesive microfiber and welded ripstop fabric.
- Highly breathable lateral mesh inserts and stretch-mesh tongue. Slip-on construction fits like a sock.
- TPU toe caps cushion impacts and add durability.
- Midsoles are compression molded EVA and SBR to provide a firm, cushioned midsole that's very lightweight.
- Forefoot rock guard is 1.5mm dual density compressed EVA with a TPU shank.
- STB control frame wraps your foot for a precise, stable fit.
- Outsoles are dual density FriXion XT V-Groove2 that's sticky and aggressive.
- Lugs have rounded edges to prevent skidding at speed.
|Ideal for||Trail running|
'Minimal and natural' shoes offer low drop, lots of flex, and minimal cushioning. Most running shoes are 'Light and responsive' with medium cushioning and good energy return. 'Cushioned and floaty' shoes have maximum cushioning.
|Minimalist and natural|
Some shoes include added motion control or stability features to help minimize pronation or supination, where the foot tends to roll inward or outward in a biomechanically imbalanced running position.
The approximate thickness of the midsole cushioning under the heel and the forefoot. A thicker heel and greater difference between heel and toe height tends to suit heel-strike runners, while forefoot and midfoot strikers may prefer a minimal drop between heel and toe cushioning.
The drop is the difference in height between the heel and the forefoot midsole cushioning. Traditional running shoes tend to have a 10mm drop or higher while minimalist style shoes are on the lower end of the spectrum.
Waterproof shoes and boots feature a waterproof-breathable membrane and a gusseted tongue to help keep your feet dry in wet conditions.