When in a hunting dive, the peregrine falcon is considered the fastest bird on the planet, and these performance trail runners pay homage to that raptor. They have a minimalist design, but are built for impressive speed, responsiveness, and traction on uneven surfaces.
- Uppers are breathable synthetic mesh with Flexfilm for a seamless feel.
- Premium sockliners and gusseted tongues keep debris out.
- HydraMAX® lining in the collar wicks moisture effectively, and is soft next to your skin.
- HRC+ Strobel Board has a 1.5mm layer of EVA-based memory foam for an extra comfortable ride.
- Gaiter compatible for when you want that extra layer of protection.
- Midsoles are built with PowerGrid in the heel for dissipating shock and absorbing impact.
- EVA foam blend maximizes shock absorption and extends durability.
- External Bedrock Outsole® places a shield between the midsole and outsole to protect your foot from stone bruises.
- Outsoles are XT-900 carbon rubber offering outstanding abrasion and grippy traction on untamed surfaces.
|Ideal for||Trail running|
Some shoes include added motion control or stability features to help minimize pronation or supination, where the foot tends to roll inward or outward in a biomechanically imbalanced running position.
The approximate thickness of the midsole cushioning under the heel and the forefoot. A thicker heel and greater difference between heel and toe height tends to suit heel-strike runners, while forefoot and midfoot strikers may prefer a minimal drop between heel and toe cushioning.
The drop is the difference in height between the heel and the forefoot midsole cushioning. Traditional running shoes tend to have a 10mm drop or higher while minimalist style shoes are on the lower end of the spectrum.
Waterproof shoes and boots feature a waterproof-breathable membrane and a gusseted tongue to help keep your feet dry in wet conditions.