When in a hunting dive, the peregrine falcon is considered the fastest bird on the planet, and these performance trail runners pay homage to that raptor. They have a minimalist design, but are built for impressive speed, responsiveness, and traction on uneven surfaces.
- Uppers are breathable synthetic mesh with Flexfilm for a seamless feel.
- Premium sockliners and gusseted tongues keep debris out.
- HydraMAX® lining in the collar wicks moisture effectively, and is soft next to your skin.
- HRC+ Strobel Board has a 1.5mm layer of EVA-based memory foam for an extra comfortable ride.
- Gaiter compatible for when you want that extra layer of protection.
- Midsoles are built with PowerGrid in the heel for dissipating shock and absorbing impact.
- EVA foam blend maximizes shock absorption and extends durability.
- External Bedrock Outsole® places a shield between the midsole and outsole to protect your foot from stone bruises.
- Outsoles are XT-900 carbon rubber offering outstanding abrasion and grippy traction on untamed surfaces.
Some shoes include added motion control or stability features to help minimize pronation or supination, where the foot tends to roll inward or outward in a biomechanically imbalanced running position.
The approximate thickness of the midsole cushioning under the heel and the forefoot. A thicker heel and greater difference between heel and toe height tends to suit heel-strike runners, while forefoot and midfoot strikers may prefer a minimal drop between heel and toe cushioning.
The drop is the difference in height between the heel and the forefoot midsole cushioning. Traditional running shoes tend to have a 10mm drop or higher while minimalist style shoes are on the lower end of the spectrum.
Waterproof shoes and boots feature a waterproof-breathable membrane and a gusseted tongue to help keep your feet dry in wet conditions.