Enjoy the above-it-all comfort of a hammock, with the option of sleeping on the ground if there aren’t any trees around. In cold conditions, the 2-layer bottom acts as a sleeping pad sleeve, so you don’t have to muck about with hanging underquilts. In warmer weather, it stops mosquitoes from finding their target. No trees? No problem. The Scout sets up as a bivy sack and tarp combo using trekking poles, paddles, or deadfall branches.
- No-see-um mesh canopy is dark-coloured for daytime privacy and easier vision outside at night.
- Sleeves along the top let you insert trekking poles or twigs to expand interior volume.
- 2-layer base holds a sleeping pad or can be insulated with spare clothes orleaves.
- Full-length zipper with dual sliders for easy entry and exit.
- 2 internal mesh pockets hold headlamps, glasses, etc.
- Set-up cord has button-holes and carabiners to quickly adjust the hammock height.
- Gaskets on hanging cords prevent rain from wicking down tension cords into hammock.
- Fly has stow-away pockets for included guylines.
- Guylines cinch around objects and tighten without needing knots.
- Rigging on the ground requires 2 end poles and 6 stakes (not included).
- Sleeping area dimensions are 215 x 140cm (recommended for sleepers up to 195cm tall).
- Tarp dimensions are 300 x 190cm.
- Max load is 150kg.
The number of average sized people that the product can comfortably sleep.
|Door(s)||Zippered side door entry|
|Canopy mesh||Polyester mesh|
|Floor fabric||40-denier polyester ripstop|
|Fly fabric||70-denier nylon|
The standard test for coated fabrics uses a standing column (a pipe) filled with water. The figures given are the column height. A 1000mm coating allowed no leaks after 1 minute under 1000mm of water.
|Max recommended load||331lb.|
A measurement based on the longest point of the tent.
A measurement based on the widest points of the tent.
Includes the full tent with its stuff sack, repair swatches, and all the guylines and pegs.
|Packed size||45 x 18cm|
All components and accessories that are included with the hammock or are sold separately.