For fast-moving adventures, a vest can be secured so it doesn't bounce and offers fast access to water and fuel. This backcountry option has 12L of capacity and is made to meet ultra-runner Peter Bakwin’s specifications. It will see you through mountain runs, LD speed hikes, fast and light ridge runs and ski-mo competitions. Water and fuel ride up front where you can access them quickly without breaking your stride.
- Made of strong, lightweight silnylon.
- Super-soft Velvetex binding on seams prevents chafing.
- High ride won’t interfere with your cadence.
- Right shoulder has a dedicated GPS/PLB/SPOT pouch with zipper; left shoulder has a smartphone-sized zip pocket.
- 2 bottle holsters on front with drawstring closures.
- Mesh pouches on bottle holsters hold full or empty gel packs, and pouches below holsters carry electrolytes or valuables.
- Emergency whistle on front.
- 2 lower back zip pockets with stretch panels hold bars or extra water bottles.
- 2 zip pockets on back panel.
- 2 trekking pole loops let you stow poles without removing the vest.
- 1 ice axe loop on back.
- Main back pocket holds a hydration reservoir (not included) or crampons and other gear.
- Reservoir hose port on side.
- Internal compression bungee cinches main pocket tighter with one-handed pulls at either shoulder or hip to accommodate varying cargo or water consumption.
- External zigzag bungee for lashing on a jacket.
- Includes 2, 0.6L polyethylene bottles with kicker valves.
- Small/Medium fits chests 71-86cm. Medium/Large fits chests 81–102cm.
The location of all access points into the main compartment of the pack.
|Ventilated back panel||No|
The hipbelt and/or shoulder straps of the pack are designed to move, pivot or flex to follow your body’s movements. Each brand uses their own technology.
Size restrictions vary among airlines. Just to be sure, check with your carrier for their specific restrictions.