Our primo urban bike now sports new rims, stem and handlebars, and gets fresh new paint job. It’s a sleek, performance-oriented ride equipped with hydraulic disc brakes, a carbon fibre fork, and a rear internal 11-speed gear hub that allows you to switch gears anytime. If you want a reliable bike that’s easy to maintain, the Chance is a winning bet.
- Lightweight 7005 aluminum frame with butted tubing to add strength and improve ride quality.
- XM319 rims are eyeleted and pin joined for durability.
- 700 wheels with 32mm tires are less likely to get punctures.
- Hydraulic disc brakes provide outstanding stopping power in all weather conditions.
- Race Face Ride stem and handlebar provide strength without excess weight.
- Super light carbon fibre fork absorbs road shock well.
- Shimano® Alfine 11-speed internal hub.
- Upright seated position for visibility in traffic.
- MEC grips provide comfort for long rides.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC Bike Shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- MEC bikes are designed in Canada. Everything from the frames to the graphics is developed at the MEC Head Office in Vancouver, BC.
|Frame||MEC tapered 7005 aluminum|
|Stem||Race Face Ride 31.8mm|
|Headset||FSA NO. 23/CC Integrated|
|Handlebars||Race Face Ride 31.8mm|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Shimano M505 (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||Shimano M505 Disc|
|Shifters||Shimano Alfine Rapid Fire|
|Crank + rings||Shimano Alfine 39T|
|Bottom bracket||Shimano Alfine|
|Pedals||Crank Brother's Candy Clipless|
|Hub (front)||Shimano Deore|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
|Shimano Alfine 11-speed|
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Shimano Alfine 20T|
|Rims||Mavic XM319 Disc|
|Tires||Continental Sport Contact Reflex 700 x 32|