If the ride is your favourite part of the workday, and sometimes you take the long way home, this nicely kitted out and reliable bike is a fine option. With a light aluminum frame and plenty of gear options for climbing, you won't be haunted by the hills on your route. Plus, the Shadowlands is coated with a bold, bright finish, so you'll always arrive in style. Equipped with rear pannier mounts, it can be transformed into a light touring bike for weekend adventures. For 2014, we gave the Shadowlands a new paint job and tweaked the components and stem, bars, and rims to sweeten the package.
- Lightweight 7005 aluminum frame with tapered tubing to add strength.
- Carbon fibre fork reduces weight and lends for a smoother ride.
- Larger diameter (700) wheels roll efficiently. 32mm tires protect the rims and resist pinch flats.
- Shimano® M445 hydraulic disc brakes provide outstanding stopping power in all weather conditions.
- Shimano 10-speed 11-34 cassette provides lots of options for tougher commutes with lots of climbing.
- Upright seated position for visibility in traffic.
- Shimano Deore and Deore LX components.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC Bike Shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- MEC bikes were designed in Canada. Everything from the frames to the graphics was developed at the MEC Head Office in Vancouver, BC.
|Frame||MEC tapered 7005 aluminum|
|Stem||Race Face Ride 31.8mm|
|Headset||FSA NO. 23/CC Integrated|
|Handlebars||Race Face Ride 31.8mm|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Shimano M445 (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||Shimano M445 Disc|
|Shifters||Shimano Deore LX|
|Derailleur (front)||Shimano Deore LX|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano Deore LX|
|Crank + rings||Shimano FCT 551 48-36-26T|
|Bottom bracket||Shimano BB-51 BSA|
|Pedals||Crank Brother's Candy Clipless|
|Hub (front)||Shimano Deore|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Shimano Deore 10-speed 11-34T|
|Rims||Alex XM 319|
|Tires||Continental Sport Contact Reflex 700 x 32|
|Saddle||Selle Royal Viper|