Decked out with higher-end parts and more performance oriented geometry, the Silhouette is a well-priced urban ride that's comparable to the MEC Midtown. It's designed to be your daily ride and to endure high mileage, construction zones, and debris in the bike lane. Outfit it with a rack and panniers and you’ve got yourself a super eco-vehicle for groceries, cruising to the gym, and getting to your day job.
- Lightweight, aluminum frame.
- 700 x 32mm tires are built for rolling on roads and dirt roads or pathways or light trail use.
- Hydraulic disc brakes provide good stopping power, even in wet weather.
- Wide-range gearing features Shimano Alivio front derailleur and Shimano Deore Shadow rear derailleur.
- Shimano Acera 26-36-48T triple crank and 9-speed 11-32T cassette provides options for general city riding.
- Upright seated position for visibility in traffic.
- MEC Ergo grips reduce pressure on palms and offer good weight distribution.
- Waterproof-coated Selle Royal saddle with gel padding to absorb shock.
- MEC Trekking pedals can be fitted with toeclips and straps.
- Shimano Alivio components.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC Bike Shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- MEC bikes were designed in Canada. Everything from the frames to the graphics was developed at the MEC Head Office in Vancouver, BC.
|Frame||MEC tapered 7005 aluminum|
|Stem||Race Face Ride 31.8mm|
|Seatpost||Race Face Ride|
|Headset||FSA NO. 23/CC Integrated|
|Handlebars||Race Face Ride 31.8mm|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Shimano M445 (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||Shimano M447 Disc|
|Shifters||Shimano Alivio Rapid Fire|
|Derailleur (front)||Shimano Alivio|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano Deore Shadow|
|Crank + rings||Shimano Acera 48-36-26T|
|Bottom bracket||Shimano BB-ES25|
|Pedals||Wellgo Mountain Flats|
|Hub (front)||Shimano 435 Disc|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
|Shimano 435 Disc|
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Shimano HG30 9-speed 11-32T|
|Rims||Alex DP17 Disc|
|Tires||Continental Sport Contact Reflex 700 x 32|
|Saddle||Selle Royal Viper|