A compact touring kayak in a low volume version for smaller, lighter paddlers. The Islay easily slides onto roof racks and into garages, yet still has enough space to hold everything you need for a weekend escape. If you’re new to paddling, you’ll be reassured by this boat’s stability. If you’re more experienced, you’ll appreciate its excellent edging and carving. An exceptionally affordable option for inland and coastal exploration.
- Full volume bow lifts over waves for a drier ride.
- Long waterline length and squared-off stern provide steady speed.
- Roomy cockpit and adjustable seating ensure all-day comfort.
- Notches on the foredeck hold your paddle as you grab a snack or take photos.
- Deck rigging holds spare paddles and other essentials.
- Deck flats for installing fishing rod holders.
- Supple rubber hatch covers are exceptionally watertight.
- Drop-down skeg lets you select easy turning or hard tracking, as conditions require.
|Hull material||Single-layer roto-moulded plastic|
|Length||4.2m (13ft. 9in.)|
External cockpit dimensions
Dimensions of the cockpit, measured on the outside of the lip. The external measurement is useful when sizing sprayskirts.
|89 x 48cm (35 x 19in.)|
The overall volume capacity of a boat or the total board displacement in litres.
|Made in||United Kingdom|