The Shuttlecraft is a fully-featured upgrade to MEC’s long-lived Happy Trails Kid Carrier. Our designers spent years streamlining the design and tweaking the features so it's simple to use and meets all current safety standards that other brands often bypass. The harness is padded, easy to adjust, and fits a variety of heights and back lengths. The back panel uses breathable perforated foam and mesh to keep it airy. The fold-out kickstand keeps it super stable for loading and unloading a wriggling child. The kid harness is super-soft, adjustable, and is colour coded to help you check that it's adjusted safely. Includes a removable sun hood, storage compartments and a rear-view mirror for catching all the backseat smiles as you go.
- Fabric is nylon with a water-resistant polyurethane coating and a wipe-clean DWR finish.
- Adjustable shoulder harness fits various back lengths.
- Ergonomically shaped shoulder straps have perforated foam padding and a sternum strap with an integrated whistle.
- Foam pack panel has airflow channels and a mesh overlay that won't soak up sweat.
- Comfortably padded hipbelt has small pockets for snacks and toys.
- Load stabilizer straps adjust the pack's centre of gravity and keep child close for a comfortable carry.
- Padded grab handles on top and sides.
- Fold out kickstand leg and plastic feet keep the carrier steady when you set it down.
- Soft brushed tricot polyester cover the child cockpit and removable chin pillow.
- Padded height adjustable child harness accommodates growing children.
- Red buckles and webbing on all child cockpit adjustments indicate the straps that need to be tightened for safety.
- Zippered rear and bottom compartments have interior mesh organizers.
- Includes a hand mirror with removable hipbelt pocket tether for checking on your child.
- Removable sun hood has mesh panels. Rain cover sold separately.
- Reflective details.
- Meets ASTM F25492014a safety test standard.
- Child must be able to sit upright without assistance and must weigh at least 7.3kg/16lbs and no more than 18kg/40lbs.
|Main fabric||200-denier polyester|
|Child harness||5-point harness|
|Hipbelt circumference||74-117 cm|
Torso length is measured from the most prominent vertebrae at the back of your neck (top of shoulders) to the spot on your lower spine that lines up with the top of your hipbone.
Max carrying capacity
The maximum weight of the child.
Adjustable shoulder harness
An adjustable harness lets you change the height of the shoulder straps to fit your specific back length.
Fold out leg
A kickstand to ease putting on and taking off the carrier.