A compact touring kayak in a low volume version for smaller, lighter paddlers. The Islay slides easily onto cars and into garages, yet holds everything you need for a weekend escape. If you’re new to paddling, you’ll appreciate this boat’s stability. If you’re more experienced, you’ll love how the excellent edging lets you carve gracefully across the water. An exceptionally affordable option for inland and coastal exploration.
- Full volume bow lifts over waves for a drier ride.
- Long waterline length and squared-off stern provide steady speed.
- Roomy cockpit and adjustable seating ensure all-day comfort.
- Notches on the foredeck hold your paddle while you grab a snack or take photos.
- Deck rigging holds spare paddles and other essentials.
- Deck flats for installing fishing rod holders.
- Supple rubber hatch covers are exceptionally watertight.
- SmartTrack rudder has foil-shaped blade to reduce drag and increase turning efficiency.
|Hull material||Single-layer roto-moulded plastic|
|Length||4.2m (13ft. 9in.)|
External cockpit dimensions
Dimensions of the cockpit, measured on the outside of the lip. The external measurement is useful when sizing sprayskirts.
|89 x 48cm (35 x 19in.)|
|Made in||United Kingdom|