For those who adventure beyond cellphone coverage. Provides a vital link with your family and friends, lets fans and sponsors track your progress, and allows you to summon help in an emergency. This multi-purpose communicator has twice the battery life than earlier generations, a USB power option, and motion-activated tracking with a choice of modes. Requires a pay subscription service and a clear view of the sky to work.
- SOS function to notify emergency services of your GPS location and to request help. The GEOS International Emergency Response Center alerts appropriate agencies worldwide (911 responders in North America and 112 responders in Europe).
- Help function for non-life-threatening emergencies, such as notifying your personal contacts that you need assistance. Additional SPOT assist services can be purchased and programmed to the help button. When activated with SPOT assist, the help button will notify professional services either on land or water. SPOT has partnered with national service providers to offer assistance.
- Check-in feature allows you to let your friends and family know all is well. Send a pre-programmed message and your GPS location via email or SMS to up to 10 pre-determined contacts. Your waypoint is stored in your SPOT account for later reference. Stored waypoints can be easily integrated into a SPOT shared page or SPOT adventure account.
- Custom message feature sends friends and family a custom message along with your GPS location. Use this feature as a secondary OK message or transfer your personal help alert to this message function if you're using a SPOT assist service on your help button.
- Track progress (additional subscription required) allows you to send and save your location and allow contacts to track your progress in near real time using Google Maps. The Gen3’s vibration sensor allows motion-activated tracking, with a choice of track updates every 5, 10, 30 or 60 minutes to maximize battery life. Extreme tracking allow updates every 2½ minutes.
- Dimensions are 8.7x6.5x2.5cm.
- Operates from -30–60°C and at up to 6,500m of altitude.
- Humidity rated to MIL-STD-810F, Method 507.3, 95% to 100% cond. (unit is not waterproof when powered via USB).
- Vibration rated at per SAE J1455.
- Includes batteries, strap, USB cable, carabiner and quick reference guide.
- 2 lanyard anchor points allow multiple attachment options.
- Takes 4 AAA Energizer™ Lithium Ultimate 8X or 4 AAA Energizer™ NiMH rechargeable batteries.
|Ideal for||Emergency preparedness|
|Satellite network used||Globalstar|
|Operating temperature||-30 to 60°C|
Message character limit
Character limit for sent messages.
|Battery life (operating)||144 h|
|Operating altitude||-100 to 6,500m|
|Dimensions||6.5 x 2.5 x 8.7cm|
|Battery life (standby)||3mo|
Indicates the degree of protection against liquid. IP X1: Dripping water while in normal operating orientation; IP X4: Splashing water; IP X5: Water jets; IP X6: Powerful water jets; IP X7: Immersion up to 1m ≤ 30 minutes; IP X8: Suitable for submersion as specified by manufacturer.
|Batteries||4 AAA (included)|
Ability to test
Allows you to test the unit.
GPS data sent in SOS
GPS coordinates are sent in each SOS message.
Allows you to send a 'check-in' message to let people know you are safe.
Lets you know that your message was received.