Using their pedal response and long-distance know-how, Ridley packed as much as budget would allow into this 24-ton, high modulus carbon fibre package. Being able to withstand 24 tons of pressure per sq. cm makes for a stiff, light frame, which comes in handy when you're stomping to the finish line. An oversized downtube helps you corner precisely, and a reinforced bottom bracket shell optimizes power output for more efficient pedal strokes. Flat-sectioned seatstays and asymmetric chainstays relieve your century ride of road buzz and provide a buffer against the rutted and cobbled surfaces of a spring classic. Shimano's reliable 105 group does the majority of the heavy lifting, rounded out by Ridley's own 4ZA component line.
- 24-ton high modulus unidirectional carbon frame with stainless steel drop out protection plates. Medium-sized frame weighs in at 1220g when painted.
- Flat-sectioned seatstays add comfort to the rigid frame, dissipating and absorbing road vibrations before they get to your body.
- Shimano 105 components are known for their reliability, durability, and great performance.
- Rear "mono stay" engineered for comfort enhancing vertical compliance and lateral stiffness.
- Continental Ultra tires are race orientated, flexible and protect against punctures to optimize comfort demands and performance.
- Velocity control is handled by Tektro caliper brakes.
- Pedals sold separately.
- Orion 24-ton carbon frame is compatible with mechanical groupsets only.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC Bike Shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- Ridley was born in Flanders, Belgium, a region infamous for harsh cycling conditions. Against this backdrop Ridley engineers, tests, and refines their frame construction, race technology, tube profiles, and its own branded component line, 4ZA.
|Frame||Ridley Orion HM carbon|
|Fork||Orion HM carbon|
|Brake levers||Shimano 105|
|Derailleur (front)||Shimano 105|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano 105|
|Crank + rings||Shimano FC R565 50-34T|
|Hub (front)||Shimano Sora|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Shimano Tiagra 10-speed 12-28T|
|Rims||4ZA RC 30|
|Tires||Continental Ultra Race 700 x 23|